This article will walk you through How to Install Joomla on CentOS 7.
- Initiate with server login via SSH or KVM, via root.
- Disable selinux.
sed -i ‘s/enforcing/disabled/g’ /etc/selinux/config
- Run the below command to install all the prerequisite packages for your LAMP stack, which will host the Joomla website.
yum install epel-release httpd php php-common php-mysqlnd php-mbstring php-gd mariadb-server mod_ssl zip wget unzip -y
- Now, update the Apache config to allow for htaccess to be used.
sed -i ‘s/AllowOverride none/AllowOverride all/g’ /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- Start Apache & MySQL on the server.
systemctl start httpd && systemctl start mariadb
You should now be able to make sure that Apache is started by going to either the domain name you have pointed to the server or your server IP address. In this example, we are using the server IP address.
- Next step is to create the MySQL user and database for Joomla. Enter the mysql command to get to a prompt (choose a different password to the below one, just make sure it is protected!).
CREATE DATABASE joomla;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON joomla.* TO ‘joomla’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY
- Download and put into place the most recent version of Joomla (at the time of writing this is 3.6.4).
unzip Joomla_3.6.4-Stable-Full_Package.zip -d /var/www/html/
- Now, update the permissions so that files can be uploaded through the Joomla control panel.
chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html
- To complete the Joomla installation, go to your website URL or IP address in the browser. There will be following pages you should go through to complete the installation process. On the following page, enter the details that you used earlier when creating the MySQL database.
- Now, your website is setup and ready to log in to. If you go to your URL or server IP address you will see a basic Joomla installation. You can login to your Joomla admin control panel at http://IP-ADDRESS/administrator/.
We offer quality Italy VPS Server Hosting and Germany Dedicated Server Hosting for Joomla with unmatched services. We are an enthusiastic web hosting company with an aim to offer the high-end Best DDOS Protection to our clients.