Domain Registration Agreement
This Domain Registration Agreement (“Registration Agreement”) is between you, the person or entity registering a domain or domains, and the Company (as defined below), as the sponsoring registrar, or acting as reseller for the sponsoring registrar identified in the WHOIS record which may be retrieved here (https://www.internic.net/whois.html). For all customers, “Company”,” we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to Onlive Server. By using the Company’s domain registration services (the “Services”), you agree to be bound by this Registration Agreement. Please read this agreement carefully.
We may modify, add, or delete portions of this Registration Agreement at any time. In such event, we will post a notice that we have made significant changes to this Registration Agreement on our website for at least 30 days after the changes are posted and will indicate at the bottom of this Registration Agreement the date these terms were last revised. Any revisions to this Registration Agreement will become effective (i) 30 -days after the notice for modification, addition or deletion has been posted or (ii) the first time you access or use the Services after such changes. If you do not agree to abide by this Registration Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Services.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company may modify this Registration Agreement with or without notice in order to comply with any terms and conditions set forth by Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and/or the applicable registry administrators (“Registry Administrators”) for the top level domains (“TLD”) or country code top level domains (“ccTLD”).
- Our Services
Your domain registration will be effective upon occurrence of all of the following:
- You accept all terms and conditions of this Registration Agreement and the Company’s Terms of Service and its ancillary documents;
- The Company accepts (in its sole discretion) your domain registration application;
- The Company receives payment of the registration, renewal and reinstatement fees, as applicable; and
- The Company delivers the domain registration information you provide to the registry administrator for the applicable TLDs and the Registry Administrator puts into effect your domain registration application.
- Limitation of Liability
You understand that the Company does not control all aspects of the domain registration process. For example, once you submit a domain registration, the Company forwards the information contained in the registration to the appropriate Registry Administrator for processing and actual registration of the name. The Company disclaims, and you agree, that the Company is not liable for any inaccuracies regarding the registration information relating to (i) the input of the information by you; and (ii) the input of the information by the Registry Administrator. The Company will not be held liable, nor refund a domain name registration due to spelling errors/typos.
- Multiple Domain Registrations
The Company, in accordance with ICANN policies, reserves the rights to refuse to register multiple domain registrations.
- Payment of fees as a condition to domain registration. As consideration for the domain registration service provided by the Company, you agree to pay the Company, prior to the effectiveness of the desired domain registration, all registration and other applicable fees as indicated via the payment method selected at the time of registration. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then-current registration term. It is the responsibility of the listed registrant for the domain name to maintain records appropriate to document and prove the initial domain name registration date.
- Reservation of right to modify fees. The Company reserves the right to modify fees, surcharges, and renewal fees or to institute new fees at any time with 30 days’ notice, for any reason, at its sole discretion.
- Credit card charge-backs for domain registrations. In the event of a charge-back to the Company by the credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider used by us) for the credit card used in connection with the payment of the registration or other fee, you agree and acknowledge that the domain registration shall be transferred to the Company, as the paying entity for that registration to the registry(ies) and that we reserve all rights regarding such domain including, without limitation, the right to make the domain available to other parties for purchase. the Company also reserves the right to lock your account and the remainder of your domains until we receive your payment of any administrative fees and/or chargeback fees. In the Company’s sole discretion, we may reinstate your domain registration, subject to the Company’s receipt of the registration fee and any administrative and/or chargeback fees described above.
- Credit card charge-backs for non-domain registration services. In the event of a charge-back by the credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider) for the credit card used in connection with the payment of a non-domain registration fee, you agree and acknowledge that service shall not initiate or will be discontinued, if previously in use, and any information maintained by the service may be deleted along with your account and the remainder of your services being locked until we receive your payment of any administrative fees and/or chargeback fees. In the Company’s sole discretion, we may reinstate your services, subject to the Company’s receipt of the non-domain registration fee and any administrative and/or chargeback fees described above.
- Required Domain Registration Information
- Registration information. As part of the domain registration process and in accordance with ICANN policies, a Registered Name Holder is required to submit, and update within seven (7) days of any change, complete and accurate information, including the following (collectively, the “Registration Information”):
* The domain registrant’s name and postal address;
* The domain being requested;
* Administrative contact information, including the name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and where available, fax number of the administrative contact for the domain; and
* Technical contact information, including the name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and where available, fax number of the technical contact for the domain; and
* Billing contact information, including the name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number of the billing contact for the domain.
- Additional registration information. In addition, in accordance with ICANN policies, the Company is obligated to submit and keep current, complete and accurate additional information relating to a domain registration, which may include the following (collectively, “Additional Registration Information”):
* The original creation date of the domain registration;
* The submission date and time of the registration to us and by us to the proper registry;
* Communications (electronic or paper form) constituting registration orders, modifications, or terminations and related correspondence between you and us;
* Account records for your domain registration, including dates and amounts of all payments and refunds;
* The IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain;
* The corresponding names of those nameservers;
* The name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number of the technical contact for the domain;
* The expiration date of the registration; and
* Information regarding all other activity between you and us regarding your domain registration and related services.
- Use of Registration Information and Additional Registration Information. You agree and acknowledge that the Company will make available the Registration Information and the Additional Registration Information to ICANN; to other third party Registry Administrators such as VeriSign, Inc., Global Names Registry Ltd., Neustar, Inc., Afilias USA, Inc., Global Domains International; and as applicable laws may require or permit. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that ICANN and the Registry Administrators may establish guidelines, limits and/or requirements that relate to the amount and type of information that the Company may or must make available to the public or to private entities, and the manner in which such information is made available. Further, you hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits and restrictions on disclosure or use of, information provided by you in connection with the registration of a domain (including any updates to such information), whether during or after the term of your registration of the domain. Moreover, you hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action that may arise or have arose from such disclosure or use of your Registration Information and the Additional Registration Information.
- Information updating and accuracy obligations. As a condition to continued registration of your domain, you must provide us with updated Registration Information within seven (7) days of any changes to such information. You may review, modify or update your Registration Information by accessing the Company’s domain manager service, domain management console or similar service, made available at our website. In accordance with ICANN policies, you acknowledge and agree that if you willfully provide inaccurate information or fail to update your Registration Information within seven (7) days of any change, then you will be in material breach of this Registration Agreement and we may in our sole discretion cancel your domain registration. You further agree that your failure to respond within ten (10) days to any inquiry by the Company concerning the accuracy of the Registration Information or to contact the Company immediately upon discovery of any willful inaccuracy (including, e.g., phone number listed as 000-0000) associated with your domain registration shall constitute a material breach of this Registration Agreement and will be sufficient basis for cancellation of your domain registration. You further represent that you have obtained consent from any third-party individuals whose personal data you have provided as Registration Information.
- Information requirements for renewals. Upon renewal of your domain registration, the type of information you are required to provide may have changed. If you do not wish to provide the new required information, your domain registration may not be renewed.
- Ownership of data. You agree and acknowledge that the Company owns all database, complication, collective and similar rights, title and interests worldwide in our domain database (“Domain Database”), and all information and derivative works generated from such Domain Database, which contains Registration Information and Additional Registration Information. You further agree and acknowledge that the Company may use the following information for those domain registrations for which we are the registrar: (a) the original creation date of the registration; (b) the expiration date of the registration; (c) the name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and where available fax number of the technical contact, authorized contact, zone contact and billing contact for the domain registration; (d) any remarks concerning the registered domain that appear or should appear in the WHOIS or similar database; and (e) any other information the Company generates or obtains in connection with the provision of domain registration services, other than the domain being registered, the Internet protocol (IP) addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain, and the corresponding names of those nameservers. The Company does not have any ownership interest in your specific personal registration information outside of its rights in its Domain Database. The Company agrees to take reasonable precautions to protect your specific personal registration information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Registrant Verification. You understand and agree that Registrar is required to verify the Registered Name Holder’s email address within 15 days of any registration, transfer, or change to the Registered Name Holder’s contact information. The Domain Name Holder’s failure to verify the contact information within 15 days constitutes a material breach of this Registration Agreement and will result in the immediate suspension of the domain name(s) and associated service(s).
In addition, you understand and agree that Registrar is required to verify any changes to any WHOIS contact information within 15 days of any change. The Domain Name Holder’s failure to verify such changes within 15 days constitutes a material breach of this Registration Agreement and will result in the immediate suspension of the domain name(s) and associated service(s).
- Domain Privacy Service
- If you purchased domain privacy services (“Domain Privacy”), you agree that your Registration Information will be replaced in any public WHOIS search with information provided by the Company as determined in its sole discretion (the “Private WHOIS Contact Information”).
- Although the Private WHOIS Contact Information will appear in any public WHOIS search result, you are solely responsible for resolving any and all monetary, creditor, or other claims that arise in connection with a legal or other dispute involving your domain name registration. Use of the Domain Privacy service in no way alleviates your obligation to provide valid and accurate Registration Information and to update and correct such information pursuant to the terms of this Registration Agreement.
- The Domain Privacy service is NOT a general mail forwarding service. You agree that you will not provide any third party with the Private WHOIS Contact Information for the purpose of having such third party transmit communications to you. The Company may immediately terminate the Domain Privacy service and, at its sole option, disclose the Registration Information in the event that you breach this Agreement.
- Not with standing anything to the contrary, you agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, review and forward communications in connection with your domain name that it receives. You hereby authorize the Company to receive, sort, open, forward, and destroy any and all mail sent to our address at our sole discretion. You specifically acknowledge that the Company is not obligated but may forward to you certified or traceable courier mail (such as UPS or Federal Express deliveries), legal notices, or first class U.S. postal mail; however, the Company will NOT forward “junk” mail or other unsolicited communications (whether delivered through fax, postal mail, or telephone), and you further authorize the Company to either discard all such communications or return all such communications to the sender. You agree that: (i) postal mail may be forwarded via regular mail forwarding or scanned and emailed electronically to the email address listed in the Registration Information; (ii) emails will be forwarded to the email address listed in the Registration Information; and (iii) callers will be directed to use the mailing or email address listed on the Private WHOIS Contact Information and we will forward such mail or email pursuant to the terms of this section; we will not relay phone messages to you. You agree to waive any and all claims arising from your failure to receive communications directed to your domain name but not forwarded or referred to you by the Company.
- If any domain name for which you are using the Domain Privacy service is transferred to another registrar, Domain Privacy will automatically cease and no refund will be given for any unused portion of the service.
- Failure to renew the Domain Privacy service while your domain name registration is still valid will result in the Domain Privacy being suspended, terminated or cancelled and your Registration Information will be displayed in any public WHOIS search. Domain Privacy renewals after initial purchase will be at the standard list price, which is available by logging in to your account.
- The Company expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any liability to you whatsoever, to suspend or cancel your use of the Service and/or reveal the Registration Information in any public WHOIS search or to any third party at any time without notice to you:
* To comply with any applicable laws, rules, regulations or requirements, or with any subpoenas, court orders, official government inquiries or requests of law enforcement;
* To comply with ICANN’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (http://www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/udrp);
* To resolve any and all third-party claims, whether threatened or made, arising out of your use of the Domain Privacy service, including without limitation, to avoid a dispute of any claim that the registered domain name violates or infringes a third party’s trademark, trade name, or other legal rights;
* In the event you breach any provision of this Registration Agreement or any other agreement you’ve entered into with the Company, including, but not limited to, the Terms of Service;
* To comply with the rules, procedures, or practices of the registry that governs the domain name extension receiving the Domain Privacy service and to protect the integrity and stability of the applicable domain name registry;
* To avoid any financial loss or legal liability (civil or criminal) on the part of the Company, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, agents, officers, directors, or employees;
* To prevent inappropriate activity that comes to the Company’s attention, including without limitation if you are using Domain Privacy to hide your involvement in illegal or morally objectionable activities, including without limitation, activities that are intended to or otherwise: (i) appeal purely to the prurient interests of third parties; (ii) defame, embarrass, harm, abuse, threaten, or harass third parties; (iii) violate state or federal laws of the United States and/or foreign territories; (iv) involve hate crimes, terrorism, or child pornography; (v) are tortious, vulgar, obscene, invasive of a third party’s privacy, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) impersonate the identity of a third party; (vii) harm minors in any way; or (viii) relate to or transmit viruses, Trojan Horses, access codes, backdoors, worms, time bombs, or any other code, routine, mechanism, device or item that corrupts, damages, impairs, interferes with, intercepts or misappropriates any software, hardware, firmware, network, system, data, or personally identifiable information.
- Pursuant to paragraph 22.214.171.124 (http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/raa/approved-with-specs-27jun13-en.htm#raa) of ICANN’s Registrar Accreditation Agreement (“RAA”), you agree that if you license use of a Registered Name (as that term is defined in the RAA) to a third party, you are nonetheless the Registered Name Holder of record (as that term is defined in the RAA) and are responsible for providing the full contact information and for providing and updating accurate technical and administrative contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the Registered Name. A Registered Name Holder licensing use of a Registered Name according to this provision shall accept liability for any harm caused by wrongful use of the Registered Name, unless the Registered Name Holder discloses the current contact information provided by the licensee and the identity of the licensee within seven (7) days to a party that provides the Registered Name Holder reasonable evidence of actionable harm.
- Domain Parking
- Upon registration, the domain will be automatically placed on name servers provided by the Company, and Internet users that type in the domain will be redirected to a “coming soon” page (collectively, “parking a domain” or a “parked domain”). There is no charge for parking a domain. You hereby consent to and authorize the Company’s placement of a “coming soon” page, and its associated contents, on your parked domain. You may change the name server configuration (or “un-park” the domain) after the registration is complete. If you need to register name servers using the domains that you are currently registering, the names will initially be parked with the Company until you modify the name servers after the domain registration is complete, using your account manager.
- In the event your domain registration expires, your registration is no longer valid. If you are able to renew the domain name, you may update the domain to its original settings. After expiration, but prior to renewal, the domain may be pointed to an “expired” page (collectively, “parking a domain” or a “parked domain”). There is no charge for the parked domain. By not renewing the domain, the Company may place an “expired” page, and its associated contents, on the parked domain. You may change the name server configuration (or “un-park” the domain) after the renewal is complete. If you need to register name servers using the domains that you are currently renewing, the names will initially be parked with the Company until you modify the name servers after the domain renewal is complete, using your account manager.
- The “coming soon” and/or “expired” pages may contain advertisements and other materials selected by the Company, in the Company’s sole discretion. This may include, but is not limited to third-party websites, third-party product and service offerings, and/or Internet search engines. The Company reserves the right to collect and retain all revenue obtained from such advertising and other materials.
- DNS Wildcard. In the event you utilize the Company’s DNS management services and fail to configure a wildcard DNS for your domain, the Company may insert wildcard DNS records to resolve subdomains of your domain that would not otherwise resolve. The Company may point those subdomains to a web page that may contain advertisements and other materials selected by the Company in the Company’s sole discretion. This may include, but is not limited to, third-party websites, third-party product and service offerings, and/or Internet search engines.
- Registration Renewal
- Renewal obligations. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any and all domains and additional services are renewed prior to their expiration, should you so desire their renewal. You may renew your domain at any time before the expiration date. the Company shall have no liability to you or any third party in connection with the renewal, including, but not limited to, any failure or errors in renewing the services.
- You may be notified at the Company’s sole discretion when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid within the time specified in a notice or reminder regarding renewal, your registration will be cancelled. Payment must be made by such other method as we indicate in the renewal form. If your billing information is not accurate, you are solely responsible for the failure to renew.
- Autorenewal. You agree that if you paid for any services provided hereunder by credit card or other payment service (such as PayPal), you hereby authorize but do NOT obligate, the Company to automatically charge your credit card or payment service account and renew the applicable service(s) on or before their renewal date using the credit card or other acceptable payment information you have provided to the Company, unless you notify the Company that you do not wish to participate in the Company’s automatic renewal process. The Company must receive notification of your intent to not renew (opt-out) no later than sixteen (16) days prior to the renewal date. In the absence of such notification from you, the Company will automatically renew, for a period of one (1) or two (2) years, as set forth by the applicable registry depending on the TLD or ccTLD of your domain name, any domain that is up for renewal and will charge the credit card or payment service account you have on file with the Company, at the Company’s then current rates. You are solely responsible for the credit car
InterNIC | Whois
Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy – ICANN