This article will demonstrate How to install Mine-craft Server on CentOS7 dedicated gaming server, cloud server, or virtual private server.
Before you begin this article make sure your server meets the following requirements:
At least 1GB of RAM is recommended
5 GB disk space
SSH root access
- Login to the root user of the server via SSH
- Now, install Java Open JDK
yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk
When prompted, type Y to begin with the installation.
The screen will display “Complete!” when the installation is successful.
- Now, make a user to run your Mine-craft Server under.
For safety purposes, the Minecraft Server should run as its own user. We’ll create a user called mc.
Now, set the password on the mc user.
- Install wget, iptables-service, nano and screen.
If your server doesn’t have wget, it needs to get installed.
yum install wget iptables-service screen nano
- Log in as your Minecraft user and download Minecraft.
Switch users to the mc user.
su – mc
Create a directory for Minecraft.
Change into the minecraft directory.
Navigate to the Minecraft Website and copy the URL of the latest .jar file
- Update the permissions on the Mine-craft Server file to be executable.
chmod +x minecraft_server.1.11.2.jar
- Start the Minecraft Server.
On a 1GB RAM server, run the following command.
java -Xmx768M -Xms768M -jar minecraft_server.1.11.2.jar nogui
If your server has less or more RAM, simply minus 256MB from the total number of MB of RAM your server has installed.
Edit the eula.txt file and change false to true.
- Exit your screen by typing Ctrl + A and then hitting D to detach.
- Update iptables.
Type exit to log out of the mc user and back into root.
If you are using iptables, open port 25565.
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp –dport 25565 –syn -j ACCEPT
Save the rule to iptables:
/sbin/service iptables save
- Now that your server is installed, you can connect to it from Minecraft. Launch Minecraft and select Multiplayer. Click Add Server. Now, enter server info and click Done. Click the play button next to your server to start playing!
Hope you’ve learned how to setup Minecraft Server on CentOS 7.
We deliver high-quality France Dedicated Server Hosting and Africa Dedicated Server Hosting solutions for Minecraft. If you are looking for Minecraft Server Hosting from a company with proven success, we encourage you to learn more about us. We offer Best DDOS Protection against all kinds of attacks against your server. Our talented development team works round the clock in order to keep your servers online all the time!